Last updated: August 7, 2023
This website, www.beautyschoolsmarketinggroup.com, is owned and operated by Thruline Marketing, Inc., and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively referred to as “Thruline,” “us,” “our,” or “we”). This Privacy Notice describes the processing of Personal Information (defined below) that is provided, collected or shared on the site, and other applications, social media pages, or other platforms that link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Site”). It also describes your choices about the collection, sharing, and use of your Personal Information.
We may modify this Privacy Notice from time to time and will post the updated Privacy Notice to the Site. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice for any updates or changes. All changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and process a range of Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that uniquely identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you.
The types of Personal Information we collect may include:
- Contact Information – If you request information on our website, send questions or comments via email, or interact with us through social media platforms, we may collect your contact information. This information may include name, email address, street address, telephone number, company, demographic information, and other similar information.
- Location Data – While navigating our Site your mobile device or browser may share your location data, both through WiFi and GPS. We may collect this information based on the settings of your phone and browser.
- Usage Information – When you access the Site, our servers may automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (IP Address), browser type, referring URLs (g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Site, and other such information.
- Communication Information – We may collect audio, electronic, or visual information, which includes screen sharing views; any data in any files uploaded, emailed or otherwise provided by customers; the contents of your communications with us, whether via e-mail, text messaging, social media, telephone or otherwise, and inferences we may make from other Personal Information we collect.
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Directly From You – For example, if you send questions or comments via email or request information from us regarding our services.
- From Third Parties – For example, we may work with business partners, subcontractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers, who may provide us with Personal Information about you. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social networking site, we will have access to certain Personal Information from that site, such as your name and any other account information disclosed in accordance with the policies of that third party social networking site.
- Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available, or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
- Online Behavioral Advertising. We may use your Personal Information to send or deliver advertisements that are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits to websites (including this Site) over time and across different websites.
- To change your preferences with respect to certain online ads or to obtain more information about ad networks and online behavioral advertising, visit National Advertising Initiative Consumer opt-out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Program. Changing your settings with individual browsers or ad networks will not necessarily carry over to other browsers or ad networks. As a result, depending on the opt-outs you request, you may still see our ads. Opting-out of targeted advertising does not opt you out of all ads, just those targeted to you.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information to:
- operate the Site and provide support to our business functions;
- protect against criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- send you information about our services and promotions;
- support and personalize the services and our advertising efforts;
- the extent required for benchmarking, data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the services, facilitating product, software and applications development, improving the services or our services, conducting research, analysis, studies or surveys, identifying usage trends, as well as for other analytics purposes;
- meet our contractual requirements;
- comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements and our policies;
- provide and deliver the services you request, process transactions, and to send you related information, including confirmations; and
- the extent necessary for any other lawful purpose for which the Personal Information is collected.
4. DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- In the Case of a Merger or Sale – If and when we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Personal Information may be transferred along with the business.
- With Service Providers – When we hire a service provider to help operate the Site, our services, or our business, we may disclose or give access to your Personal Information as necessary for the service provider to perform the service on our behalf.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use our commercially reasonable efforts to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information we process. However, despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information.
6. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it has been collected, as outlined in this Privacy Notice, or any longer retention period required by law. If you are a California resident, please see the section below titled California Residents for additional information about how long we retain your Personal Information.
7. YOUR CHOICES AND CONTROLS
Depending on where you are located and subject to certain exceptions, you may have the right to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. These rights may include the following:
- Right to Know – You may have the right to be notified of what categories of Personal Information will be collected at or before the point of collection and the purposes for which they will be used and shared.
- Right of Access – You may have the right to be informed of and request access to the Personal Information we process about you.
- Right to Rectification (Correct) – Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to request that we amend or update inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information about you.
- Right to Erasure (Deletion) – Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information.
- Right to Data Portability – Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to request a copy of your Personal Information in an electronic format and further request that we send such Personal Information to another party.
- Communication Preferences and Opt-Outs – You may have the right to stop receiving marketing communications from us at any time. To opt-out of marketing communications please email us at [email protected] or by following the instructions included in the email or text correspondence.
Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain correspondence, we may still need to contact you with important transactional or administrative information, as permitted by law. Additionally, if you withdraw your consent or object to processing, or if you choose not to provide certain Personal Information, we may be unable to provide some or all of our services to you.
8. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the Site, including the information or content contained within them. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Information to third parties, since any Personal Information disclosed will be subject to the applicable third party’s Privacy Notice.
9. INTERNATIONAL USE OF THE SITE
If you are visiting this Site from outside of the United States, please note that by providing your Personal Information it is being transferred to, stored, collected, or processed in the United States, where our servers are located and operated.
10. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without their parent’s consent. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us their Personal Information, you can email us at [email protected] or contact us using the information listed in Section 13.
11. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Subject to certain exceptions, this Section describes our collection and use of “Personal Information” if you are a resident of California, as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (the “CCPA”). This Section describes (1) the categories of Personal Information, collected and disclosed by us, subject to the CCPA, (2) your privacy rights under the CCPA, and (3) how to exercise your rights.
When we use the term “Personal Information” in the context of the CCPA, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household.
If you would like to receive a copy of this Section in an alternate format (e.g., printable) or language, please contact us using the information provided in Section 13.
A. Categories of Personal Information Collected, Used, and Shared
The chart below details the categories of Personal Information we have collected within the last 12 months, together with the source, purpose of collection, and to whom we have disclosed it. We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
|Category of Personal Information Collected||Category of source from which Personal Information is Collected||Purpose of Collection||Category of Recipients to whom Personal Information is Disclosed for a Business Purpose||Is Personal Information Sold or Shared?|
|Identifiers, such as your name, address, and email address.||Directly from you||See Section above titled “How We Use Personal Information”||Service providers||No|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as name, signature, Social Security number, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, medical information, or health insurance information.||Directly from you||See Section above titled “How We Use Personal Information”||Service providers||No|
|Internet or other similar network activity.||Directly from you||See Section above titled “How We Use Personal Information”||Service providers||No|
|Professional or employment-related information.||Directly from you and third parties.||See Section above titled “How We Use Personal Information”||Service providers||No|
Shine the Light: Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you may have the right to obtain: (a) a list of all third parties to whom we may have disclosed your Personal Information within the past year for direct marketing purposes, and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed, by contacting us per the “Contact Us” Section below.
We will retain each category of your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in the “How We Use your Personal Information” section above, unless otherwise required by applicable laws. Criteria we will use to determine how long we will retain your Personal Information include whether: we need your Personal Information to provide you with products or services you have requested; we continue to have a relationship with you; you have requested information, products, or services from us; we have a legal right or obligation to continue to retain your Personal Information; we have an obligation to a third party that involves your Personal Information; our retention or recordkeeping policies and obligations dictate that we retain your Personal Information; we have an interest in providing you with information about our services; or we have another business purpose for retaining your Personal Information.
B. Your California Privacy Rights
Subject to certain exceptions, if you are a resident of California, you may have the following rights:
|Notice||The right to be notified of what categories of Personal Information will be collected at or before the point of collection and the purposes for which they will be used and shared.|
|Access||The right to request the categories of Personal Information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You may also have the right to request the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your Personal Information.|
|Data Portability||The right to receive the Personal Information you have previously provided to us in a portable form.|
|Erasure||The right to have your Personal Information deleted. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required or permitted to retain your Personal Information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our Site integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law (including free speech rights); or (4) to otherwise use your Personal Information internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided it.|
|Correction||The right to request that we correct any incorrect Personal Information that we collect or retain about you, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see below), we will correct (and direct any of our service providers that hold your data on our behalf to correct) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your correction request if (a) we believe the Personal Information we maintain about you is accurate; (b) correcting the Personal Information would be impossible or involve disproportionate; or (c) if the request conflicts with our legal obligations.|
|To Opt Out of Sales or Sharing of Personal Information||We do not sell or share your Personal Information. However, if we did, you would have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information.|
|Limit Use of Sensitive Personal Information||We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information other than to provide our service. However, if we used or disclosed Sensitive Personal Information for other purposes, you would have the right to limit certain uses of Sensitive Personal Information.|
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
12. EXERCISING YOUR INDIVIDUAL PRIVACY RIGHTS
You will not be discriminated against in any way by virtue of your exercise of the rights listed above, which means we will not deny goods or services to you or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you.
To exercise your privacy rights under applicable data protection law, please submit a request to us by e-mailing us at [email protected].
Verification: We must verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. We will only use Personal Information provided in a request to verify the requestor’s identity. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of a California consumer, we will also need to verify your identity, which may require proof of your written authorization or evidence of a power of attorney.
We endeavor to respond to requests within the time period required by applicable law. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We may deny certain requests, or only fulfill some in part, as permitted or required by law. For example, if you request to delete Personal Information, we may retain Personal Information that we need to retain for legal purposes
Appeals: If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your request and you may have a right to appeal such decision, please email us at [email protected].
13. CONTACT US
If you have any questions concerning our practices or this Privacy Notice, please contact us at [email protected]. You may also write to us at:
Thruline Marketing, Inc.
12433 Antioch Rd
PO Box 26330
Overland Park, KS 66213